There’s a new kid in town! Shangri-La Hotel, Bengaluru is making a huge splash as the newest luxury hotel in Bangalore, and for good reason. This 5-star property is ideal for business travellers, conferences, and expositions given that it boasts the largest meeting facilities in the city. It’s also the new hotspot destination for leisure guests who enjoy being pampered at the spa but especially for visiting or Bangalorean foodies since there are 5 restaurants, 2 lounge bars, and 1 pastry shop.
With views of Bangalore Palace and the low-lying skyline, there are some pretty views to behold from the hotel … especially from the larger (and decadent) Governor and Shangri-La Suites with their panoramic views from the almost soundproof floor-to-ceiling windows. Shangri-La Hotel, Bengaluru is located just about 30 kilometres from the airport and only 3 kilometres from lovely Cubbon Park and fabulous UB City with its luxury shops and fun nightlife.
- Opened September 2015, it’s now the largest hotel in Bangalore
- 19 floors with 397 rooms, including 30 suites
- Optional 24/7 butler service is available on request for the Governor and Shangri-La Suites
- Located between the CBD and Bangalore’s posh residential areas
FUN FACT >> Did you know that the lobby boasts one of the tallest ceilings in India? It is a whopping 9 metres tall and adorned with 9 chandeliers!
The Wellness Floor
Nothing sounds better at times than to escape the day and the Shangri-La has made it easy with an entire floor of the hotel dedicated exclusively to wellness. Here’s how they pamper their guests:
- For the fitness conscience they offer a large state-of-the-art gym, with a 1.2 metre deep 25-metre long outdoor swimming pool (including a smaller pool just for the kids), plus a steam bath, sauna and a Jacuzzi
- With 9 treatment rooms, CHI Spa is there to ensure that guests are relaxed and recharged. They offer everything from traditional massages to specialised Ayurveda treatments
- Guests stay in-tune with body and soul by taking advantage of the various classes on offer, such as water aerobics and guided yoga and meditation
- The salon at Shangri-La will keep everyone looking fabulous with their menu for both men and women that includes hair and mani/pedi treatments
This luxury hotel in Bangalore is now the city’s largest food and beverage destination. The culinary operations of Shangri-La Hotel, Bengaluru are presided over by Executive Chef Antonio Tardi, who brings with him over 20 years of experience gained by thrilling guests at five star and luxury hotels. When I chatted with Chef Antonio, he shared with me that, ‘Simplicity is a conquest. Our food is traditional yet contemporary, bringing tastes from around the world to the plate of each guest.’
The culinary and libation temptations on offer include:
- All-day dining at the multi-cuisine b Café
- Mediterranean cuisine and fresh seafood at Caprese
- Regional dishes from the north and south of India at Ssaffron
- Classic Chinese food at Shang Palace
- Japanese fare can be enjoyed at Yataii
- Get the party started at Hype, the rooftop bar with views of Bangalore’s skyline where you can enjoy artfully crafted cocktails and bounce to the beat of the resident DJ
- A place for socialising and business at The Lobby Lounge
- Boulangerie and patisserie at b Café Pastry
Connect & Contact
Between their amazing grand opening rates, the property’s central downtown location, and all the pampering you can enjoy at the newest luxury hotel in Bangalore, Shangri-La Hotel, Bengaluru really is a wonderful choice for your next five star hotel stay in the Garden City.
Full restaurant and nightlife review coming soon from AngelasBangalore.com, so check back here soon!
© 2015, Angela Carson and AngelasBangalore.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.